In The News
References and contact information
(1) Global status report on noncommunicable diseases 2014. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2012.
(2) World Health Organization. Global Health Estimates: Deaths by Cause, Age, Sex and Country, 2000-2012. Geneva, WHO, 2014.
(3) Mathers CD, Loncar D. Projections of global mortality and burden of disease from 2002 to 2030. PLoS Med, 2006, 3(11):e442.
(4) Global status report on noncommunicable diseases 2010. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2011.
(5) Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Part 1: Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus. Geneva, World Health Organization, 1999 (WHO/NCD/NCS/99.2).
(6) Morrish NJ, Wang SL, Stevens LK, Fuller JH, Keen H. Mortality and causes of death in the WHO Multinational Study of Vascular Disease in Diabetes. Diabetologia 2001, 44 Suppl 2:S14–S21.
(7) Global data on visual impairments 2010. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2012.
(8) Roglic G, Unwin N, Bennett PH, Mathers C, Tuomilehto J, Nag S et al. The burden of mortality attributable to diabetes: realistic estimates for the year 2000. Diabetes Care, 2005, 28(9):2130–2135.
For more information, please contact:
WHO Media centre
Telephone: +41 22 791 2222